Sign in to follow this  
withakay

Cant Make it to Irving :(

Ahhh. I am so upset about this. I had a minor surgery on Monday, and was hoping that I'd be a-ok for tonight, but unfortunatly, its not looking that way. I'm still in quite a bit of pain, and would be dreading the whole standing for 4 or so hours thing, surrounded by tons and tons (and tons) of people.

Shawn, patty, Don, Mike, YAAAAS!! and others - so sad I wont be able to meet you guys! And basically, I want DETAILS, people! Smiler Details, recordings of the show .. same difference. LOL.

Enjoy it for me!!

Yaas, call me during aprés moi. Wink

Ahhh. I am so upset about this. I had a minor surgery on Monday, and was hoping that I'd be a-ok for tonight, but unfortunatly, its not looking that way. I'm still in quite a bit of pain, and would be dreading the whole standing for 4 or so hours thing, surrounded by tons and tons (and tons) of people.

Shawn, patty, Don, Mike, YAAAAS!! and others - so sad I wont be able to meet you guys! And basically, I want DETAILS, people! Smiler Details, recordings of the show .. same difference. LOL.

Enjoy it for me!!

Yaas, call me during aprés moi. Wink

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that Kristina. I hope you feel better! If I manage a recording you'll be the first to know.

Later Miss Kristina with a "K"

Shawn

Thanks Shawn (with an awn). Smiler I realllllly appreciate it.

My friend Yaas is hooking me up via cellphone... not as good as being there, or even as a recording .. but its something.

Sigh.. Now she's doing .. "Remember that time.."

*sniff sniff*

so CHEAP AND JUICY!

samson went back to bed .. not much hair left on his head ..

Dont mind me. I'm just amusing myself while listening to the show - wishing I was there. blahhhh!

You are my sweeeeeeeeeeeeetest downfall...

Did she just attempt to start singing "Chelsea Hotel" by Leonard Cohen?

By golly .. yes she did/is.

(Wow, I'm such a loser.. talking to myself while everyone else is at the show, hahaha)

There will be recordings to be had, I assure you.

I'm a little too spent to go into any detail on the show (although it must be pointed out that Devotchka's gypsy/mariachi/whatever set was pretty kickass). I can't quite get over / process in my head the sight and sound of 1000+ people singing along to every word of "Us" -- surreal, a little frightening even. I've been a fan for too long.

Ain't No Cover

Après Moi

On the Radio

The Flowers

"field below"

Bobbing for Apples

That Time

The Noise

Uh-merica

Dance Anthem of the 80s

Poor Little Rich Boy

Sailor Song (with the massive "Mary Ann's a bitch" singalong)

Samson

Twenty Years of Snow

Us

Chelsea Hotel #2 (with Chris & Ben K.)

Hallelujah (")

Ghost of Corporate Future (")

Summer in the City

My Man