Sign in to follow this  
withakay

Cant Make it to Irving :(

Hey Kristina with a "K",

I managed the first few songs, but couldn't get the rest. For anybody new to New York who is not used to the humidity please drink lots of water. Heat exhaustion really sucks. SRG's recording should be pretty good.

SRG is also completely dead-on about the surrealness of the evening. A house full of people singing the words to "US" was a bit trippy.

As for Chelsea Hotel and Halleujah I recorded them several nights before when she played at the 92nd St Y. I'll post them once I'm back in Vegas.

Later Kristina with a "k" and hope your doing better.

Shawn with an "awn"

Quite a fun show.

The place was full, but not quite packed. Over 1000 people, I think. And they knew the music on the CDs.

This was my first Regina Spektor show (I rarely go to concerts anymore), and I had a great time, even though it was (as Regina said) a school night.

Regina said that she had never done a cover song until this week, and that she really loved doing it (the two Leonard Cohen songs, I guess). She also said that those songs were better than hers, which (of course) got a lot of boos.

She really seemed overwhelmed by the size of crowd.

well drove back to VA and got home around 6 30 am Im just now "fully" awake at about 8:48 pm. As exhausted as i am though, i feel really rejuvinated and excited about music again after that show. It was Regina show #7 and 7 is a very lucky number. Any way it was great seeing people in person and meeting new people, srh shawn patty #1 and patty #2,,,,,,thanks again for the ticket

ohh and srg thanks again for spotting me for the t shirt. you will always be my "hero of the story"

ohhh and also ...withakay your play by play analysis of the show is definatley the most amusing thing i will see all day....soo000ooo00o good.

it was so nice to meet you david and srg (also bailey if you're reading this) i'm so sad now it's over. Regina looks so overjoyed with audience response and i'm so happy for her that she's getting the recognition she deserved.

the two covers she did was so beautiful. espeically Hallelujah. Twenty Years of Snow was a nice surprise. Samson brought tears to my eyes. The Noise is awesome new song. and Sailor Song sing along was so fun!

i hope someone else recorded the show as well. my recording didn't come out as good as i hoped. it was a bit too low and ghost of corporate future was cutted off at the end. I usually know exactly when the recorder cuts off but for some reason this time it cutted off 10 mins earlier than i expected. oh well.

I'm glad everyone had a good time-- another show I didn't go to, but it's sweet that you were watching out for me in case I showed up, Srg and David...It was a combination of lack of planning and sheer laziness..I have yet to even go pick up my CMJ pass! Wink But the recording will be nice to listen to somewhere down the road...

I'd like to hear "Hallelujah" especially (huge Cohen fan from way back); the 'Chelsea Hotel No. 2' cover is nice..

The effing day after I started feeling better! Why couldnt the show have been on Friday? hmph!

Anyway, Shawn (with an awn), srg and everyone else, thanks for making the experience come even more to life with your descriptions! So powerful, felt like I was truly there .. almost. haha.

stwongbad, glad I made you chuckle a bit. I look back at this now and I really must've been hopped up on the painkillers. hahaha

Shawn - how did the apartment searching go?

Hey Kristina (with a k),

Sorry again about the show. I missed a great deal of it myself. I hadn't had enough water before the show and I ended up drenched from head to toe from the humidity and heat in the theater. Regina's set wasn't until 11pm..so I became extremely dehydrated. Four songs into her set I almost fell over and had to make my way through the crowded theater. Sorry to all the people I had to pass through. I could hear your cussing through my hearing that was starting to go hazy. Once I got to the hallway I passed out for half a song against a wall. Security thought I was on something so I wasn't allowed back in.

I can't complain too much since I saw her perform at the 92nd St. Y. Overall I'm just happy I didn't pass out while right in front of the stage. I can see the forum headline:

SHAWN PASSES OUT FROM EXCITEMENT

I could never have lived that down. Smiler

Also I did manage an apartment. I've found a comfy couch to reside on at a friends place.

When your feeling even better Kristina (with a k) a group of us needs to get together.

Later my friends

Shawn

Haha, Oh man, I'm sorry for laughing Shawn, there's nothing funny about you getting dehydrated, I just can't believe they didn't let you back in 'cause they thought you were on something. Did they even attempt to help you? Anyways, it's cool you found an apartment there, 'cause now you'll have more chances to see her live again.

Withakay, it sucks that you couldn't of been felling better the day of, but it's good to hear you are feeling better now.