Sign in to follow this  
withakay

Cant Make it to Irving :(

Don't feel bad Django. Looking back I have to laugh myself. I walked around in a hoody in 120 degree Las Vegas weather and it takes a little bit of humidity and a cramped space to finally bring me down.

The guards did bring me a bottle of water. At least they didn't charge me for it. I thought for sure I was going to receive a bill before I left.

I did manage to get to the balcony and hear the show. Smiler Hard to hear, however, over the noisy bar up there.

..also I have to publicly thank SRG and Stwongbad. After the show they made sure I got some food and water down before I headed home. The people on this board are good people. Not too many forums you can say that about. Thanks again.

Later ma peeps

Shawn

Current Location - Couch on the Upper Westside, NY

Holy shamoly Shawn! Sorry to hear you went thru that, but you have to admit, like django said, it is a bit funny. LOL. Glad there werent any major reprecussions. Wink

We should definitely get some NYC fans together. Will you be around for the show at the Beacon? Nothing, nothing, NOTHING will stop me from going to that one. Smiler

Oh man, I missed the show by like 10 minuets. I am stuck here in RI after my last class at 1:30 I ran to the bus station to catch the 1:35 bus and got there right as the bus was pulling out and missed it! The next bus wasnt untill 4:40 which would have gotten me there at 9 Frowner Damn Where isy our recordings?

arrrrrrggggghhh

no one has offered a recording of the irving plaza show, i can't wait much longer

it was regina at her very best

and a new song too

incredible, she gets better everytime

i knew i should have recorded it

even if you don't think your recording is that great

or if you didn't get it all

please share it anyway

once again i'm offering to post it on "reginaology"

ragette@gmail.com

oh ijimeru i know how that feels! i used to go to school upstate and had to take greyhound all the time to catch shows in the city. it totally sucks.

sorry you coudln't make it!

and kristina i hope you're better now. we'll definitly hang at the next show.

and shawn..sorry to hear what happened. simliar thing happened to me at one of the the Wallflowers show in boston. I had a cold when i got there, and by the end of the show, I had to lean on the stage to keep myself from collasping. then on the way back home on the chinatown bus everyone thought i had SARS (it was during the 'outbreak') by the way i was caughing. good times

i'll try to get the recording done by this weekend. i've been to 5 shows so far since last wedesday, (one more to go this week) on top of that i had to go to all my classes and work. so i'm really exhausted. sorry for the ranting. but i promise a recording is coming soon. unless someone else have a better recording? that'll be nice.

Thanks for the sympathy friends. It all amounts to my own stupidity.

As for my recording....I have the first three songs . The fourth is all buggy because of the losing consciousness thing. Smiler

I'll email them to delilah once they're done...as well as the ones from her appearance at the 92nd St. Y.

Later good people!

Shawn

Hey Delilah,

I just sent the first four songs from the Irving show to you. As well as her performance at the Jewish Heritage Festival.

Later friends

Shawn