Sign in to follow this  
srg

Beacon Theater 11/2/05 (with Rufus Wainwright)

Hey guys, I bought a ticket for the show but unfortunatley i will not be able to make it. Damn weekday shows. anyway, I have a single ticket that i would like to sell. please let me know if you want to buy it soon, because i live in DC and will have to overnight mail it to you. it is center orchestra row M. for the 11/2/05 show. i hope some one can take this ticket off my hands.

IM stwongbad email stwongbad85@yahoo.com

Again I got a ticket... Just like for the past 2 shows that I was unable to attend but I think I can work this one out see I have a plan to take a bus to NYC which would get me there 20 min before the show starts... Smiler

Have fun everyone who is goignto the Regina/Rufus show tonight. I will be there in spirit. Someone better be tapping, on the chance that Regina does a duet with Rufus (hmmmm i dunno, maybe hallejula) Seeing how that is one of Rufus' big numbers and Regina did it recently. I only think it would be appropriate. Any way rock n roll.

Love, David

p.S. if u see an empty seat in orchestra row M, then that is my void

Regina was great tonight. Way too short set Frowner but still great. I didn't write down the song list, but she played(off the top of my head)

Aint No Cover

20 Years Of Snow

The Wallet

Field Below

Musicbox ( <---YES!!!!!! )

Dance Anthem of the 80s

Poor Little Rich Boy

Samson

wow, I think that's it. Am I correct? She had her hair up and looked beautiful as always Smiler

The goddam regret...so I ended up missing the beginning of Regina's set, but it wasn't my fault! Honest! I got deked by the crowd milling about outside--hell, if even the band (Ben & Chris) were still in line, I figured I had plenty of time to mingle (and by "mingle" I mean "chain-smoke"). I was wrong. But here's the abridged setlist, in any case:

Dance Anthem of the 80s

Poor Little Rich Boy

The Wallet

"field below"

Samson

Just to paint you a pretty mental picture, Regina's hair was pulled back tight into a ponytail, she wore a low cut purple sweater dealy and a billowy reddish skirt, and, despite the presence of a Rufus' big fat grand piano 3 feet behind her, she played the keyboard throughout. As anticipated, the crowd was pretty receptive too; this was her best pairing with a headliner to date, I think--not so much musically, per se, as in terms of shared sensibility and general crowd vibe.

As for Rufus, this was my first time seeing him live, and he certainly did not disappoint. I must admit, though, that, out of all the things I might have imagined beforehand, the possibility of a full-blown choreographed and costumed dance number with Rufus & the whole band never would have crossed my mind (inexplicably, even now, recalling the sight of drummer Matt Johnson prancing around in a white robe provides me continual amusement).

I also got a kick out of seeing Rufus cover both Chelsea Hotel and Hallelujah (sorry, D, no Regina duet) just a month after seeing Regina do the same--kind of brought into greater relief the uniqueness and beauty of each one's style.

By the by, I spotted Julianne Moore in the house (and I swooned), but she didn't make it in time for Regina's set. Her loss.

Awsome set list. Im sad i missed. and it sounded like a great time. And (no shit?!!) Julianne Moore. Jeez i love her. Let us all know when a recording pops up. of course i dont think asking is even needed anymore.

Love,

D.A.R.