Sign in to follow this  
srg

Beacon Theater 11/2/05 (with Rufus Wainwright)

Holy Shit! I knew that was Julianne Moore. I Stood like a few feet from her outside the Beacon. I wasnt sure and i was friggin scared. Big name star right in front of me. Well, thats amazing, but REGINA SPEKTOR was awesome. Yeah it was a short set but still, my first regina concert(my first concert) and her music was as beautiful as herself.I hope, and regina hope you have time to read this, that reggie will come back to the big city and play at an earlier time, im hoping for 12:00 in the afternoon(might not happen) or even at 6:00pm. Im just 15 years old and i live in brooklyn. I have a crappy cerfew, so its just a suggestion, but i will most definetly go to a full regina show the next time she's in New York. As for Rufus he was cool, never heard of him until the show. To me, he has like a john lennon-elton john mixed vibe and i love the lennon, man. I left a little early to see if regina would make an appearance outside, just to compliment her but she was a no show, so i left the pplace a little empty handed, with a regina shirt in one hand and a ticket stub in the other, but with memories of a talented Red-Head, playing "Dance Anthem of The 80's ", keep up the great work reggie.

P.S. sry for the freakishly long story and will some one please try to get a recording of that show. Thank you.

What an amazing show! It was my first time seeing Rufus live and he did not disappoint. Of course, Regina was worth more than the ticket price alone. I thought the crowd was really receptive to her, despite the presence of the most obnoxious drunk people in the world sitting right in front of me. We were in the second row so we had a great view of everything, and I was in love with Regina's skirt.

When we were leaving after the show, we happened to run into her on the street randomly. She was really sweet (as always) and gave me directions to the subway because I'd gotten discombobulated and didn't know which direction was up.

I can't wait until the next show!

I personally was unable to make the show Frowner

Here is a quick review from a Regina "virgin" co-worker of mine.

COWORKER-Thought of you last night when I was at the concert – I’m not hooked on regina as well, and even crazier about rufus---

ME-You're "not" hooked on regina?????

Did you mean you "got" hooked on her?

How was she? Sometimes she gets nervous.

How did the audience take to her?

I'm sure some folks were there just to see her. Did she play long? And Rufus was cool too?

COWORKER-Sorry,,, I got home at 1am,,,,,,,, I was typing something, and then went to switch it to the got hooked part………. Yes,, I’m totally hooked (but obviously not awake) --- she played for a while – started right at 8 – we got there a few minutes late, and she played for a least half an hour --- maybe 45 minutes – she was great – very cute and sweet when she talked but then crazy when she sang – she’s totally talented and so creative – loved it- The audience loved her – they were singing along and shouting out requests—

Rufus was great – he played two different guitars, piano, sang – had the horn section from the conan o’brien show playing with his band last night too – but they had a huge band, and then sometimes it would be just him and the piano – the first half hour was pretty much just my favorite songs, one after the other – was amazing-

srg!! I think I might've been sitting right next to you, or .. you were sitting right next to my mom, and I was on the other side of her. Wink

After the show my mom was telling me how the guy next to her was writing down every song Regina did, and I had thought you looked familiar from Tonic, but of course I wasnt sure. I'm still not sure if it was you, haha, were you in the fourth row, semi-center?

BTW, excellent show, but yea.. her set was a bit short. Frowner She looked beautiful, with her hair pulled back. All of my pictures came out like POOOOO though. Mad