alsoran

post your favorite photos of regina

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

voxcrop.png

more here

Smiler

Oh I know shes beautiful! Look at those eyes! Unbelievable OMG I FOUND ALL THOSE PICS YOU PUT IN THE LINK THEY ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO they wont let me download them...... Frowner Could someone post them.....Idk how to

OK. I was thinking about translating the article... but maybe it's better to leave it to someone who actually is from France...

Anyway, some of the things she's saying in the interview:

She doesn't really like the celebrity part of it all. She says that she would like to be able to go out and have some coffee with friends like a normal person.

All the things that has to do with the record label and organization and stuff is work, but writing songs is true inspiration. Then you just have to drop everything that you had planned to do that day and sit down by the piano.

She's also joking (I think) saying that she'll keep lots of the songs she's already written to herself for now and release them in a few years if she can't find inspiration for some time... kind of.

Also, talking about how it was to grow up in the Bronx as an immigrant. She says that at her first school in the US people would make fun of her accent and not wanting to sit next to her and stuff. And in high school some guy shouted to her "Go back to your own country!" She felt like crying, but she really wanted to tell him "My country? But what country? I don't even know it myself!" She also remembers when she was out playing in a park, kids where screaming from a distance "RETURN TO ISRAEL!" repeatedly.

(this made me so sad ! Frowner )

She talks about getting into SUNY, she thought she did bad but the jury found her cute and friendly Smiler

"One day I'll feel like composing an album with only rap. But I've already started with Far and you know, my flow is good!"

She's talking about reading... that she read Hans Christian Andersen (prisoners Smiler) and received the sonnets by William Shakespeare at her Bat Mitzvah when she was 12. (that time Smiler)

"My voice didn't sound like this naturally. It has taken time to find it. I'm not a very technical singer" -- then saying she imitated CD:s at first and then mixed it up.

Interviewer: "If I gave you a CD with Ella Fitzgerald, would you be able to imitate that to perfection?"

Reg: "Seriously? Yes and you would be surprised to watch me til the point where I get good at that exercise (laughter)" --- then she says that one day she got tired of singing with an impersonal voice so she went to some lady and took a class that helped her... hm. interesting for the "reg's true voice"-thread?

anyway... that's some of it.

Thanks for the translation. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

Also, talking about how it was to grow up in the Bronx as an immigrant. She says that at her first school in the US people would make fun of her accent and not wanting to sit next to her and stuff. And in high school some guy shouted to her "Go back to your own country!" She felt like crying, but she really wanted to tell him "My country? But what country? I don't even know it myself!" She also remembers when she was out playing in a park, kids where screaming from a distance "RETURN TO ISRAEL!" repeatedly.

Mad What jerks! I can't believe someone did that to such a sweet person like Regina!

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

OK. I was thinking about translating the article... but maybe it's better to leave it to someone who actually is from France...

Anyway, some of the things she's saying in the interview:

She doesn't really like the celebrity part of it all. She says that she would like to be able to go out and have some coffee with friends like a normal person.

All the things that has to do with the record label and organization and stuff is work, but writing songs is true inspiration. Then you just have to drop everything that you had planned to do that day and sit down by the piano.

She's also joking (I think) saying that she'll keep lots of the songs she's already written to herself for now and release them in a few years if she can't find inspiration for some time... kind of.

(this made me so sad ! Frowner )

She talks about getting into SUNY, she thought she did bad but the jury found her cute and friendly Smiler

"One day I'll feel like composing an album with only rap. But I've already started with Far and you know, my flow is good!"

She's talking about reading... that she read Hans Christian Andersen (prisoners Smiler) and received the sonnets by William Shakespeare at her Bat Mitzvah when she was 12. (that time Smiler)

"My voice didn't sound like this naturally. It has taken time to find it. I'm not a very technical singer" -- then saying she imitated CD:s at first and then mixed it up.

Interviewer: "If I gave you a CD with Ella Fitzgerald, would you be able to imitate that to perfection?"

Reg: "Seriously? Yes and you would be surprised to watch me til the point where I get good at that exercise (laughter)" --- then she says that one day she got tired of singing with an impersonal voice so she went to some lady and took a class that helped her... hm. interesting for the "reg's true voice"-thread?

anyway... that's some of it.

Thanks for translating. I thought she can go out and have a coffee like a normal person...She should come and live in my country, nobody would recognize her except me and a couple of other people...Smiler

And kids can be really mean sometimes...