andreseng

McCarren Park Pool August 15, 2008

They'll be a few of us gray hairs there. Have no fear. Oh, and that feeling you described is known as reginitis. You have it. It's terminal. For more info go

for one of our fellow stixers diagnostics.

Also be sure and check out www.respektonline.com for lots of goodies you haven't seen or heard. Tons of great audio and video.

If you have a broadband connection this is a collection of over 100 live and demo performances: www.respektonline.com/six-58.zip

Have fun!

I remember thinking " How much FUN would it be to spend an afternoon in the City with this woman !!" Luckily, my daughter is wacky and fun too, so I get to spend the afternoon (8/15) with her in Manhattan, and then see Regina in Brooklyn in the evening. I am truly a lucky man !!! Hope the subway station is close. We'll be heading back to CT on the train after the concert. Thank you for the links. I'll be listening all day tomorrow at work. It was a pleasure meeting you ! Nite.

quote:
Originally posted by Django:

quote:
originally posted by JohnnyC:

I find myself wanting to go to this show more and more, since so many 'stixers are gonna be there!

I’m with you there, bubbles. I’ve been meaning to see one of her shows in NYC for a while now, but have failed every time so far. I’m going to see if I can escape work/school/internship/play-doh architecture projects to finally make it. Let me know if you end up going; you can barrow Falcor and I’ll take Pete’s dragon. Then we can float down to the entrance by either burping out fizzy lifting drinks or sniping some umbrellas from old-woman Poppin’s.

THIS is exactly why I want to see more Django posts!! FRAK!

quote:
Originally posted by r♥win:

Sadly the Chelsea Hotel is too expensive at this juncture (and in Manhattan... and the Chelsea Inn (:P not the same at all), while cheaper than the Chelsea, is also in Manhattan.

I stayed at the Chelsea Inn. Nice central location!

ALSO, I am thinking that I want to fly down for this amazing Brumstix event! It has all the makings of the best stix meetup EVER!

Any ideas how I can get tix?

Yeah, Ticketmaster still has tickets... I need to figure out total costs and decide though. My flight will cost between $320 & $380 (eep!), and I would have to stay overnight (easily $50-$110). Plus concert tickets, transit, and oh yes, FOOD - this will easily set me back $550-$600.

I'm undecided. My last trip didn't leave me feeling like I can afford to do anything for a quite a while... I sometimes wish I could have a fundraiser for myself and then I remember that I'm being selfish.

Damn it, I really want to go.

Whoa, that's walking distance to the show! NICE!

Hmmm... and if I drive, gas will cost me between $230-$250 total (but it's 8 hours each way... long drive). Combined with the hostel cost (and if I can find someone to split gas with me) the total personal cost will be reduced from $600 to about $300. Looks much more doable if I can find someone to come with.

I wish Fran was still here to take the road trip with me! I know that she would!

Oh, and toll highways are a foreign concept to me (we don't have them here), so I have no idea what to budget for that.

It will be a good walk (looked maybe about 15 to 20 city blocks, i didn't exactly measure). But yeah it's close by which is one reason I had my eye on it.

Tolls... lemme see... i can't remember each tollbooth we went through last Summer, but at some of them it was 5 bucks. So yeah, i'm not positive.

That walk from the hotel on Broadway to McCarren Park Pool is actually pretty far, a good 20 minutes.

Anyway, just thought that some of you might like to know that I have a ticket for this show and will be capturing it for posterity.