Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

Recommended Posts

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by srg's sistr:

Srg's sister here...with a link for "All the Holocaust Deniers" Smiler

FYI the video starts late, I missed the first 2 lines or so.

I wonder if this could be Sword & Pen?

But wasn't there an amazon preview of Sword & Pen? I seem to remember it not sounding anything like what we heard last night. But I could be wrong...

EDIT: well that's what you get when you leave a page open and don't refresh for half an hour. I now see that like 6 people said the same thing. oh well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

You're right Lisa, I was trying to figure out what was so different about it besides the theme obviously. Most of the time Regina's songs are hopeful, even when they're making fun of society.

I wonder if something happened recently to inspire Reg to pen that song.

As soon as heard it I thought back to Obama's speech from a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbsmMFDKB0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm a little late to jump in on this thread... just wanted to say that it was great to meet a few of you last night, and to "meet" regina for the first time even if it was only for a few seconds.

the show was better than anyone could have hoped for. i was shocked by how perfectly done each song seemed to be and the strings and drums added a lot. still can't get over what an incredible song machine is. and to hear human of the year + previously unheard holocaust song was like a dream. thank you to all who posted recordings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

You're right Lisa, I was trying to figure out what was so different about it besides the theme obviously. Most of the time Regina's songs are hopeful, even when they're making fun of society.

I wonder if something happened recently to inspire Reg to pen that song.

As soon as heard it I thought back to Obama's speech from a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbsmMFDKB0

I think a lot of things have been happening actually. A girl in CT was shot just recently because she was Jewish, some crazy people were arrested because of a conspiracy to bomb Jewish centers in the bronx (Eeker my heart skipped a beat when I read that story), and most recently that Holocaust Museum shooting. Also everything that was going on with Isreal and Palestine a while back. Maybe there is more too, but I think that'd be enough to write an angry song on the subject.

Anyway, thanks for the recordings and pictures and everything! I'm so jealous of you guys! But I'm glad you all had a great time Big Grin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

I wonder if something happened recently to inspire Reg to pen that song.

Um, haven't you heard of the groups of crazies who claim that the holocaust never happened? That was her inspiration. Read the wiki article on "holocaust denial".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

You're right Lisa, I was trying to figure out what was so different about it besides the theme obviously. Most of the time Regina's songs are hopeful, even when they're making fun of society.

I wonder if something happened recently to inspire Reg to pen that song.

As soon as heard it I thought back to Obama's speech from a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbsmMFDKB0

I think a lot of things have been happening actually. A girl in CT was shot just recently because she was Jewish, some crazy people were arrested because of a conspiracy to bomb Jewish centers in the bronx (Eeker my heart skipped a beat when I read that story), and most recently that Holocaust Museum shooting. Also everything that was going on with Isreal and Palestine a while back. Maybe there is more too, but I think that'd be enough to write an angry song on the subject.

Anyway, thanks for the recordings and pictures and everything! I'm so jealous of you guys! But I'm glad you all had a great time Big Grin

Hmm more than enough fuel for the fire there really. And god bless Regina for sharing it, many artists wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

No, no, no, I know that, trust me. What I meant was, I wonder if something said something to her recently.

Ahhh...I really hope not. But as we all know, Reg is very aware of what happens in the world. Some people can never stop being hateful. I'm really happy that she wrote this song AND performed it live. What a brave girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

You're right Lisa, I was trying to figure out what was so different about it besides the theme obviously. Most of the time Regina's songs are hopeful, even when they're making fun of society.

I wonder if something happened recently to inspire Reg to pen that song.

As soon as heard it I thought back to Obama's speech from a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbsmMFDKB0

I think a lot of things have been happening actually. A girl in CT was shot just recently because she was Jewish, some crazy people were arrested because of a conspiracy to bomb Jewish centers in the bronx (Eeker my heart skipped a beat when I read that story), and most recently that Holocaust Museum shooting. Also everything that was going on with Isreal and Palestine a while back. Maybe there is more too, but I think that'd be enough to write an angry song on the subject.

Anyway, thanks for the recordings and pictures and everything! I'm so jealous of you guys! But I'm glad you all had a great time Big Grin

Hmm more than enough fuel for the fire there really. And god bless Regina for sharing it, many artist wouldn't.

I agree, more than enough fuel, this song was a long time coming. Its certainly not a new thing (sadly, people can be so ignorant). I totally forgot about the Holocaust Museum shooting. This world is so saddening...thank God for people like Regina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this