Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

i'm not going to listen to the concert until i get the album, but i'd just like to say thanks to everyone for sharing this recording with us. <3

xoxoxo

my beautiful little peahens!

Here's my full recording: http://www.respektonline.com/shows.php?s=78

If you want mine, get it now, as I will probably take it down later and replace it with whichever one the community likes best.

In the interest of full disclosure, the event staff came over during Human of the Year and told me to stop recording. I didn't, but I did hide the recorder. That means the songs from Human on aren't quite as good as the others, since I couldn't adjust the sensitivity and the mic was a few feet lower.

@Appt: You can go ahead and send the PM if you'd like, but I will probably wait a few days to see if any other recordings surface and everyone who cares has picked a favorite before I change things.

@Everyone who was at the show and hung out before/after: I had a great time and I think this was probably my favorite all-time Regina experience. Waiting in the drizzle for 2 hours or whatever it was kind of sucked, but having everyone there made it tolerable. I'm sorry some people didn't like the acoustics, from where I was sitting I thought things sounded great.

EDIT: Holy crap I just listened to the mp3's I posted and they are terrible. I really screwed something up in the conversion from .wav to .mp3 somehow. I'm going to try this again...

EDIT 2: Ok, they're fixed now.

Hello all

just joined and first time poster.

went to my first regina show last night (she didn't play the UK much, so never had the chance before). i was blown away, the live versions are unbelievable. i know i haven't seen her before, but last night just seemed like a special performance.

Highlight for me was Blue Lips, just really hit me for some reason.

I know Riot Gear and Ink Stain were new, but are Lucky Penny, This Time Around and Bobbing for Apples unreleased live oldies?

Also hello to those who saw me last night, slightly bearded english guy in suit (just came from work) with a blue chequed shirt on.

I met two fans before the show, so if you read this give me a shout!

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

@Appt: You can go ahead and send the PM if you'd like, but I will probably wait a few days to see if any other recordings surface and everyone who cares has picked a favorite before I change things.

Wise thing to do. I'll ask the taper if the Dime one gets chosen.

Ok the last hard to decipher line...

I'm pretty sure its "Argentina steak house"

but I have no idea what she says between that and gold card...I'm going to keep listening obsessively now...

Thanks Lilly, sorry I did mean that, still a bit drained from last night.

One thing I did find weird was how far away from the stage she was, about 15feet at least. I had a pretty good view, but those to the right of me and it seemed the whole right side of the Orch seats couldn't see her behind piano due to positioning

Hey EnglishGuy, what a great first experience. It seems that the piano is often a problem with obscuring view. My first Reg concert I could only see the top of her head and her legs haha.

quote:
Originally posted by EnglishGuyinNYC:

Thanks Lilly, sorry I did mean that, still a bit drained from last night.

One thing I did find weird was how far away from the stage she was, about 15feet at least. I had a pretty good view, but those to the right of me and it seemed the whole right side of the Orch seats couldn't see her behind piano due to positioning

No problem Smiler Anyway, you were very lucky to be there! kaysntees is right, what a great start!