Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by JosephCa64:

And the holocaust song. Oh my God is that intense! That must have been jaw-dropping to hear live. I'm trying to get the lyrics. I can't quite get all of them, but even the beginning is just amazing. Incendiary!

All the holocaust deniers. T

To a bath house warm and quiet.

Complimentary soap.

Complimentary haircut.

Then gas 'em up until they know that . . .

Our ink stains (on our wrist?) in business.

And, God is the almighty witness.

I wish they'd cure the friendly neighbors.

Of the disease, which makes them haters.

You, who accuse the dying of lying.

Can't tell fake from honest crying.

Argentina statehouse? ( ?) gold card.

Aren't gonna' help you where you're going now.

So who be the (jew?) to make the papers?

Drenched in blood up to your blue-jew eyeballs

And, God in his almighty wisdom

May somehow grant an open season. . .

My God! That is just intense lyricism. How did this song not get on the album???

Oh and anyone who can help complete the lyrics, please do.

I think the lyrics here are pretty accurate.

def felt like a great start. I kind of wish I came to NYC earlier and caught the smaller intimate shows, I was front row and still felt miles away. Also, generally do not like seated venues, cuts away half the fun. But this was intense nonetheless. Hope to see many of you next time she plays, which she said 'hopefully in the fall' if I remember correctly

Thank you to everybody for your detailed accounts of the show and your pictures and your videos and your audio and your love, you guys make me almost feel like i was there Big Grin Is it just me, or did she hit one more time with feeling out of the park? I think she did, it was fantastic. Also the crowd response on the beginning of On the Radio made me do this Smiler

As far as recordings, i've only really listened to danlynch's recording which i am very pleased with. My compliments to the chef Razzer The vocal is very very clear. Also, thanks for leaving all of the onstage chatting in there! The only complaint i have is that the first few songs have a bit of crowd chatter in the background but that seems to become less and less of a problem as time goes on.

Edit: also, did i mention how Big Grin riot gear is?

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Prejektorinski:

Thank you to everybody for your detailed accounts of the show and your pictures and your videos and your audio and your love, you guys make me almost feel like i was there Big Grin Is it just me, or did she hit one more time with feeling out of the park? I think she did, it was fantastic. Also the crowd response on the beginning of On the Radio made me do this Smiler

As far as recordings, i've only really listened to danlynch's recording which i am very pleased with. My compliments to the chef Razzer The vocal is very very clear. Also, thanks for leaving all of the onstage chatting in there! The only complaint i have is that the first few songs have a bit of crowd chatter in the background but that seems to become less and less of a problem as time goes on.

Haha this reminded me, this isn't a complaint about the recording which was lovely, but the clapping on Consequence of Sounds drives me slightly nuts! It was fun at the beginning but I figured people would die down after a while, I'm sure it was great fun as a member of the audience, but as a listener after the fact all I can think is "I can't hear Regiiinaaaa!"

Thanks, Dan for the recording and for using my picture! Smiler

And to Eshbach and Appt.

I was just listening to the same song from the Dime one and the NYCtaper one (the exact same length which makes it easier). I think the NYCT one is a little bit better. I'm gonna get to Aaron's in a second. And Raph I posted a video before of us meeting her. I missed her talking about Consequence and a couple other things but I got a video of you giving her the necklace. Smiler

Also, the micing the crowd thing is not unsual. They did that at McCarren too. I think those are mostly personal recordings (possibly organized by her dad who we know has filmed several shows in the past.) And on the subject of a live album, which would be awesome, she mention in a very old blog from 4 or 5 years ago that she was planning a live album. Guess that never came to fruition. Roll Eyes

EDIT: I just listened to all three Laughing Withs that we currently have and I like NYC Taper's the best.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Thanks, Dan for the recording and for using my picture! Smiler

And to Eshbach and Appt.

I was just listening to the same song from the Dime one and the NYCtaper one (the exact same length which makes it easier). I think the NYCT one is a little bit better. I'm gonna get to Aaron's in a second. And Raph I posted a video before of us meeting her. I missed her talking about Consequence and a couple other things but I got a video of you giving her the necklace. Smiler

Also, the micing the crowd thing is not unsual. They did that at McCarren too. I think those are mostly personal recordings (possibly organized by her dad who we know has filmed several shows in the past.) And on the subject of a live album, which would be awesome, she mention in a very old blog from 4 or 5 years ago that she was planning a live album. Guess that never came to fruition. Roll Eyes

I've updated the first 15 years on site so far, so if you download a fresh copy before listening I'd appreciate it. The rest will be done in a few minutes.

Sure thing. I actually just about to edit my post again and say that your recording is extremely close in quality to NYC Taper's so if you say you can get yours to sound better than that would be perfect. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Sure thing. I actually just about to edit my post again and say that your recording is extremely close in quality to NYC Taper's so if you say you can get yours to sound better than that would be perfect. Smiler

Could you possibly post the link to the video again?

EDIT: And maybe make it public?