Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Sure thing. I actually just about to edit my post again and say that your recording is extremely close in quality to NYC Taper's so if you say you can get yours to sound better than that would be perfect. Smiler

They're all done now Smiler

I actually just undid everything I had done and posted an unedited conversion of the .wav compressed as mp3. I don't know what I did that screwed it up originally, but I figure doing nothing is the safest course.

quote:

And Raph I posted a video before of us meeting her. I missed her talking about Consequence and a couple other things but I got a video of you giving her the necklace. Smiler

Where did you post the video?

quote:

Thanks, Dan for the recording and for using my picture! Smiler

And to Eshbach and Appt.

I was just listening to the same song from the Dime one and the NYCtaper one (the exact same length which makes it easier). I think the NYCT one is a little bit better.

EDIT: I just listened to all three Laughing Withs that we currently have and I like NYC Taper's the best.

Yes, nyctaper's has better treble which does good to voice parts and the audience noise at the beginig and end of songs is better sounding. The audience noise sounds almost professional on nyctaper's. But I have issues with glitches and scratches which are throughtout the whole recording, unbalanced volume (The Calculation) and echo. Eh, in the end - both good.

EDIT: I gave another listen to Eshbach's recording.

Hmm, still think the Dime one is the best (I'm not trying to promote anything here, I just genuinely think so).

There ya go.

If you're not listening with high quality speakers there's practically no difference between Aaron and Dan's. But when I listen with my really good speakers or my Dad's studio headphones I detect one difference which is making this hard: Dan's recording is a tad clearer, but Aaron's is bassier which I think is important. Without that, songs sometimes sound empty to me. Of course, that depends on personal preference. I'm gonna give it a couple more listens and then decide.

EDIT: I'm going with Aaron's although it is just a tiny drop more difficult to understand the words than Dan's.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, Dan's is just a bit piercing when Regina hits high notes so I'm gonna definitely going with Aaron's.

quote:

There ya go.

If you're not listening with high quality speakers there's practically no difference between Aaron and Dan's. But when I listen with my really good speakers or my Dad's studio headphones I detect one difference which is making this hard: Dan's recording is a tad clearer, but Aaron's is bassier which I think is important. Without that, songs sometimes sound empty to me. Of course, that depends on personal preference. I'm gonna give it a couple more listens and then decide.

i saw raph and almostspotless!

Big Grin