Sign in to follow this  
RooneyFilm

Gaga and Spektor

OMG! She is coming to my hometown two days before my birthday. I think my parents owe me this if I have a cumulative GPA of 4.0 for my first year of college. That would be epic. So would another Regina American tour.

Lady GaGa and Regina are different and alike in different ways. Let me explain.

I do agree they are polar opposites. That is Lady GaGa's music NOW is opposite of Regina's music. For many reasons. i.e. gaga makes pop music, regina makes piano music. lady gaga writes mostly about love,fame,money and Regina writes about life, stories, you catch my drift. But what I'm trying to say is, before GaGa was discovered, when she was Stefani playing in bars and clubs and small venues, she was playing music similar to Regina! now i'm in no way, shape, or form saying gaga is better than Regina. (because i have pledged allegiance to reg.) she would play piano and although most of her songs would be about love, they were in fact good.

I was convinced up until hearing songs like these that she was just another pop music fake who had connections with people in the industry. But she does have talent, although she is talented in different ways then Regina. kind of like chocolate candy and fruity candy. both good, just in different ways and for different reasons. you don't see Regina dancing around on stage and bleeding at the end of a performance and then being hung. but on the contrary you don't see lady gaga writing deep lyrical songs with multiple languages and cultures. maybe i'm just babbling, but i love them both for different reasons, and that's all.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

OMG! She is coming to my hometown two days before my birthday. I think my parents owe me this if I have a cumulative GPA of 4.0 for my first year of college. That would be epic. So would another Regina American tour.

yeah you would totally deserve it! Congratulations on your hard work in college so far.

Gaga is scary.

Didn't they say something like 'her album is now considered more of an artistic movement' at the Brits..

I remember laughing when I heard it and then I felt bad for Madonna, she must be shitting herself. Roll Eyes

This is in no way a negative comment, nothing pleases me more than dancing to Bad Romance with my three year old cousin.

quote:
you don't see lady gaga writing deep lyrical songs with multiple languages and cultures.

She does talk and sing in French. =O

But you are right in that she's not as overtly inquisitive and introspective as Regina.

I would still like to see them create something together with the commonalities they both have.

quote:
Originally posted by RooneyFilm:

quote:
you don't see lady gaga writing deep lyrical songs with multiple languages and cultures.

She does talk and sing in French. =O

But you are right in that she's not as overtly inquisitive and introspective as Regina.

I would still like to see them create something together with the commonalities they both have.

And it's not like Gaga can claim youth. Regina was putting out introspective songs at 21.

Oh come on. Do your research. GaGa was writing songs for other people years before started making her own music. So technically she CAN claim youth, because she's been in the business for years in some form or another. Silly argument.

I'm incredibly proud of all the young women in music who are doing extremely well at the moment.

quote:

I'm incredibly proud of all the young women in music who are doing extremely well at the moment.

It's very spellbinding to look at those artists in their late teens and early twenties that speak to the entire world. Paul McCartney, for example, was only 23 when he wrote "Yesterday," the most covered song in history, I believe. =O

Until Regina and Gaga collaborate, we can always make mashups of their songs! ^_^