Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Eloise

New music we should all hear

Sadly, no I din't get a ticket. But that's o.k. I downloaded some Dolls shows and when I listen to them I pretend I am there. Hahaha. I guess getting a job would be of higher priority than message boards but it's pretty damn close!

-Livize.

OHHHH AND SOME NEW MUSIC.... MC Paul Barman (some one from this site actually told me about him.....good stuff)

and Matisyahu

they are both Jews on the performing side of the Hip hop industry. with the most promise of any other jewish artist in the genre since the beastie boys. Matisyahu is very reggae oreinted while MC paul Barman leans more to the rap side. both are very talented and even if you dont think you are into rap or hip hop ar however you want to classify it these guys are both worth a look. ...

on another note

i saw the dresden dolls in Dc at the 930 club a few weeks ago.......great live show.......i went to there show in phili just to see regina open ....and then i left after seeing Regina. not cause i didnt care bout the dolls.but cause of the 3 hour plus drive home. ..i regreted it ever since and finally made up for it..........

Oh Stwongbad...(dissapointed)I would have payed big money to have been put in your position. Regina and the Dolls. I would have been in heaven.But your choice...Matisyahu is good. I listened to him first as a joke from my friend. And then I went back and took a closer look into him and he really was good. I would reccomend him to anyone. Even if you don't like reggae or rap. I mean for chrissakes...He is a Jew...RAPPING! Come on you can't get better than that.

-Livize.

quote:
Originally posted by blogbourri:

Wow, I have really different taste in music than you guys Big Grin. Lately though I've been really into Edward Ka-Spel (the lead singer from The Legendary Pink Dots), Big Milk (Luciano Lechantin's band. His sister is Paz Lechantin of Zwan/A Perfect Circle fame, whom I also adore), Sleepsound (www.sleepsound.org), Regina Spektor (goes without saying heh), aaand yeh, I guess those're the main ones right now. Oh and Katzenjammer Kabaret (http://katzkab.free.fr/). And Dresden Dolls (www.dresdendolls.com). And World/Inferno Friendship Society (www.worldinferno.org), although the jury is still out on these guys. That's good for now I think!

-dEvin

I LOVE THE DRESDEN DOLLS SO MUCH!

Sorry for three in a row here. Hah. I have so many favorite artists/bands, but judging by the general music taste, I'd recommend:

The Decemberists and/or Neutral Milk Hotel

Arcade Fire

Damien Rice

The Zutons...maybe

Azure Ray

...if you like those and would like some more ideas. email me...

atomicfarewells_revolution@yahoo.com

Patrick Wolf!

I saw him last week for my birthday and he was AMAZING! Everyone on the Patrick Wolf forum loves Regina, so I imagine it should be the same t'other way round (and I'm sure y'all already do love him)

His new single "Wind In The Wires" is out now. Oh! And he's on the XFm-Exposure thingymabob, too.

So....what do people think about Acoustic Ladyland? It's easy to get carried away when a modern jazz group are even half-way not awful (ie: not 'smooth jazz'. SMOOTH JAZZ?! That term drives me absolutely nuts! It's bad, sloppy, soulless soul. It's got nothing to do with jazz! I thought we'd killed it at the end of the 80s - but no! Like a gorgon, it rears its ugly head on another, euphimistic neck) but...they're not too shabby.

If only their album cover wasn't so DREADFUL! Question: can you honestly trust the taste of a band who choose to package all of their hard work with a picture of a stiletto-heeled woman, manacled to a disco ball? Help me, fellow 'stixers, I am genuinely disturbed by this!