Some bands/artists for you guys to check out:

Kaizers Orchestra

Gåte

Thomas Dybdahl

JohnDoe

Surferosa

Big Bang

Magnet

If any of you are interested in songs, just pm me. I'd be happy to send you some Smiler All of these ones are Norwegian and not that famous, so it might be hard to find songs and all!

Stuff I've been groving too alot lately.

Wolf Parade, Stars, Clap Your hands Say Yeah, The Dears, Broken Social Scene, Bedouin Soundclash, Bloc Party, The Moldy Peaches.

Rawk on everayboday.

I really like the Wolf Parade I've heard, and I was dead excited about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah until I saw them live and it was a huge disappointment.

At the moment, I really love Vetiver, Arctic Monkeys, the Subways, some Sigur Ros, and Belle Orchestre. None brank spanking new, but good nonetheless.

I must say, I love you all. I also love music reviews on itunes...THANK YOU! I look forward to Matisyahu so much! Lhasa De Sela is amazing! Thanks especially to semilit, I looked up all your reccomendations (almost all of which I hadn't heard of) and ended up downloading most! I've known about Joanna Newsom for a while, but I must admit I'm not the biggest fan...She's GORGEOUS but I don't like her vocals too much...I love Belle and Sebastian, especially the songs "fox in the snow" and "woman's world". Edith Piaf is amazing...Did someone mention Nina Simone?! Omigod, look her up! I also highly reccomend MPeople (Jazzy soul dance), Cat Stevens, Nick Drake (perhaps these were mentioned), Enigma (Electronica with chanting, it's cool), Gnarls Barkley (I know they're famous now, but there's so AMAZING, listen to the whole album), Hawksley Workman (Especially the "Last Night we were the delicious wolves" album), Hotel Darlene is amazing Gypsy music, Joni Mitchell is a great classic, K's Choice is cool, Karkwa is a great french band, Kyprios (once part of Broken Social Scene) is AMAZING...He's like meaningful cool rap..People know about Portishead right? I'm assuming you do...Rufus and Martha Wainright are both great...& Yann Tiersen (the guy who composed most of the music for the film Amelie) is amazing...What else...There's so much amazing music in the world...

PS HAHAHAH, I just noticed the one year time gap between this post and the others...What can I say, I'm slightly out of the loop?! I never listen to the radio...Whatever, this music is all classic!

quote:
Elizaveta
Hi Eliana..Where can I check this out? This sounds like something that I will probably end up buying..

p.s. I just found it on CDbaby .com..

Thanks for the post ~Peace

not to be persnickity but i DO NOT like joanna newsomes sound...i know shes a big hit with the college kids, i just think she really puts on act! she so tries to be a newer bjork which breaks my heart because i love bjork so....i think joanna is fake but i respect her music...and also her voice is not so groovy to me....someone compared her to regina and i was like...back up...theres no comparison!